Our group invites applications to fill a postdoctoral position.
The successful candidate will join a team at Sabanci University working to understand the molecular evolution of G protein-coupled receptors. Although the research will be purely computational the questions to be answered will be biological. The expected duration is approximately 3-4 years with renewal at the end of each year.
The research requires an interest in the intersection of Computational biology, molecular biology. A strong candidate would have expertise in one of these areas and an interest in learning about the other. While a broad range of backgrounds are suitable for this position, a PhD in bioinformatics or computational biology is desirable. High level coding in Python and/or R is a highly desired skill.
Exceptional applicants without a formal biological background are also encouraged to apply, particularly if they have interest in bioinformatics.
The start time can be anytime in 2019. The position will remain open until it is satisfactorily filled.
Please include a CV include the contact information of three references and a letter of interest outlining your research accomplishments. Applications can be sent directly to email@example.com.
- A Ph.D. degree in a computational or life sciences and has 3+ years’ experience or formal training in computational biology or bioinformatics.
- You will have demonstrated experience with large biological datasets, including genomics and transcriptomic datasets, and
- Proficiency with Linux operating system, Python and R languages.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Familiartiy with genome datasets.
- Understanding of molecular biology
- Free accomodation on Sabanci University campus
- Free lunch
- Private health insurance
To apply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pre-inquries are welcomed.
The application documents should include:
- A personal cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position. Please include the names and contact details of 3 references.
- Your detailed CV.
- The publication list.